ldhs_centre_1985_web

10: Shire of Ballarat Hall / Road Board Office:

The Ballarat District Road Board was created on 7th October 1856. The Shire of Ballarat, the first in the state, was proclaimed on 24th November 1863. The foundation stone of theShire Hallwas laid by Cr. Nicholson (Shire President) on 5th November 1866.

The building is now the home of the Learmonth & District Historical Society.

 

More details coming soon.

Above: following renovations in 1985.

Right: also showing the Jubilee Gas Lamp - June 2008.

 

shire_hall_roads_board_web
 

Return to sites list

 

© 2016 - Learmonth and District Historical Society